Consumers demand more, high-quality content than ever before. Smart brands will look at the most cost-effective ways to meet that consumer demand, at-scale. How? Enter: the content supply chain.
Most brands unwittingly have a content bias, continuing to allot significant budget to branded content, while skimping on earned/shared media. But what we now know is that earned/shared media is resonating with shoppers like never before. It’s becoming clear that user-generated content (UGC), like customer reviews and imagery, is what shoppers prefer and, more notably, trust — consumers are 2.4x more likely to say UGC is more authentic than branded content.
That doesn’t mean stop producing branded content. But to avoid content bias, it’s more important than ever to balance that branded content with UGC and meet your consumers where they are.
According to the IDC Analyst Connection, sponsored by Bazaarvoice, Shift to Authentic Voices to Promote Brand Trust and Avoid Content Bias, brand trust doesn’t lie completely within marketers’ control. They must look to incorporate third-party sources as validation to the execution of the brand’s mission and loyalty to its customers.
That’s why at Bazaarvoice, we’re getting the word out about the evolved role of content for the digital-first business. Brands are reluctant to stand UGC up next to their professional, buzzword-filled messages because they believe, “it can’t be good if not invented here,” as stated in this IDC Analyst Connection. But according to our own research:
- 53% of shoppers say UGC, like social images from customers, makes them more confident in their purchase decision than professional photography.
- Customers using Bazaarvoice receive an ROI of 400% (for every $1 spent with Bazaarvoice, you get back $4 in return).
- UGC is regarded as 3x more trustworthy than traditional branded content.
Essentially, the downfall of this content bias is missing out on connecting with consumers in the most efficient and effective way possible. If this sounds familiar, then you’ve come to the right place. We’re sharing insights and answering questions about overcoming content bias in the IDC Analyst Connection: Shift to Authentic Voices to Promote Brand Trust and Avoid Content Bias.
Download this paper to learn:
- The answers to the most asked questions about overcoming content bias and adopting a content supply chain to fuel your brand’s growth
- Exclusive IDC consumer content insights
- How the value of content influences investment areas, driving the supply to meet the demand for multiple channels
- How sourced content can help increase conversions and digital acceleration
- Why shifting to authentic voices promotes brand trust
Craft a content strategy that converts — download the paper to get started.