QuickBooks ProAdvisors® with reviews get 5X more referrals
After adding Ratings & Reviews to the site, Intuit ProAdvisors with reviews get 5X more referrals.
- Visitors click on rated ProAdvisors 555% more often than unrated ProAdvisors
- ProAdvisors with reviews get more clicks than higher-ranked ProAdvisors
- Number of reviews more important than rating
Intuit Inc. is a leading provider of business and financial management solutions for small and mid-sized businesses. QuickBooks® is its flagship small business financial management solution, serving millions of businesses worldwide. These business owners look for QuickBooks experts, called ProAdvisors, to help them set up their software and solve their accounting problems, and they seek them out on Intuit’s Find-a-ProAdvisor website, which is accessed by hundreds of thousands of QuickBooks users throughout the year.
Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors are independent CPAs, accountants, bookkeepers, computer consultants and trainers who work with small businesses and who have completed a rigorous and comprehensive QuickBooks curriculum developed by Intuit. While they can’t pay for placement on the website’s database, they are able to include information about their capabilities.
In August 2008, Intuit added Bazaarvoice Ratings & Reviews to this site, to help users decide on the best ProAdvisor for themselves.
Visitors click on rated ProAdvisors 555% more often than unrated ProAdvisors
Shortly after adding Ratings & Reviews to the site, Intuit encouraged its ProAdvisors to ask their clients to write reviews on the site. By February, 2009, there was a significant difference in the number of click-throughs to ProAdvisor pages – those with reviews got more than five times the clicks of those without reviews.
ProAdvisors with reviews get more clicks than higher-ranked ProAdvisors
Intuit has set up two classes of ProAdvisors: Regular and Advanced. Advanced ProAdvisors have additional certifications and are ranked at the top of site search results. However, Regular ProAdvisors with reviews consistently receive more clicks to their profiles than Advanced ProAdvisors without reviews.
Number of reviews more important than rating
ProAdvisors with higher review volume ranked higher than those who had fewer reviews, even if the overall rating was higher. For example, a ProAdvisor who rates four out of five stars but has 10 reviews gets more clicks than a five-star ranked ProAdvisor with just two reviews.
This case study also shows that business decision-makers use the same types of input that consumers use while shopping; they want to hear from other people like themselves.Download PDF
More Case Studies
- LendingTree’s review-engaged visitors start the loan process 83% more often
- LendingTree launched Ratings & Reviews so consumers could get first-person opinions from other people like themselves. They can now access reviews for more than 200 lenders.
- ABN AMRO engages with customers to build transparency and trust
- The company works with Bazaarvoice to learn from its clients, demonstrating transparency, ensuring relevance and fostering trust.