Rubbermaid products with reviews show increased revenues
- Review readers show 10% incremental increase in revenue per visit
- Review readers convert 5% higher
- Review readers are 62% more likely to continue to engage
When Rubbermaid implemented Bazaarvoice Ratings & Reviews in 2008, they wanted to enhance product information on their site and facilitate conversations with clients. Shoppers who visit the site now find in-depth product information from other consumers via their reviews. What’s more, those who read reviews are also more likely to join Rubbermaid’s online club, which leads to deeper engagement with the brand.
What we measured
We tracked conversion, revenue per visit, average order value and the rate at which consumers sign up for the Rubbermaid club for five weeks (December 2009 to January 2010). We compared information from people who read reviews against those who did not read reviews.
Review readers show 10% incremental increase in revenue per visit
Those who read reviews tend to create more revenue for Rubbermaid. Average order value for those who read reviews was also 5% higher.
Review readers convert 5% higher
Rubbermaid saw a 5% incremental increase in conversion for review readers, compared to those who do not read reviews.
Review readers are 62% more likely to continue to engage
The Rubbermaid Club was created to email or mail coupons or rebates, birthday savings, and new product information to Rubbermaid customers. By signing up for the club, a consumer is inviting Rubbermaid to email or mail them more information, continuing their “conversation” with Rubbermaid. We found that there was a 62% incremental increase in sign-ups among those who read reviews.
The bottom line
Conversion can mean more than just sales conversion. In this case, those who trust Rubbermaid after reading customer reviews not only convert more often, but they are more likely to sign up to further engage with Rubbermaid, expanding their lifetime value to Rubbermaid as a customer.Download PDF
More Case Studies
- Proactive approach to reviews sparks customer conversations, driving traffic and sales to LG’s website
- LG works with Bazaarvoice to turn up the volume of its customer conversations — ensuring effective engagement and insight across channels.
- La-Z-Boy Comfort Stories campaign drives 13,000 new prospects
- La-Z-Boy aimed to drive registrations and opt-ins, drive return visits and frequency, and increase natural search traffic with the “Comfort Stories” campaign.
- Swanson Health feels the effect of a double-dose of click-throughs
- Swanson Health created a tightly integrated campaign utilizing customer product reviews to drive product purchases in addition to increasing customer loyalty.