Review users show 98% higher revenue per visitor for Epson
- What we measured
- Review users click “where to buy” 82% more often
- Review users are 68% more likely to convert
Epson is a globally recognized brand in consumer and enterprise electronics manufacturing. Recognizing the high scrutiny shoppers use when researching and buying electronics, Epson launched Bazaarvoice Ratings & Reviews in April 2009. The brand found that shoppers who interact with reviews showed higher intent to purchase, conversion, and revenue per visitor than shoppers who did not interact with user-generated content (UGC).
What we measured
For the month of July 2010, we compared Epson’s site visitors who interacted with UGC to those who did not interact with this content, across a number of metrics. Our comparison focused exclusively on the consumer printer category, and solely on UK site visitors. We excluded consumables (such as ink cartridges) as these are not reviewed.
Review users click “where to buy” 82% more often
On Epson’s browse pages, where shoppers can browse product information outside of their ecommerce site, clicks on the “where to buy” button generate leads. Visitors who interacted with reviews clicked on the “where to buy” button at an 82% higher rate per session than visitors who did not interact with reviews, showing a higher intent to purchase among review readers.
On Epson’s store pages, shoppers add Epson products to their carts online by clicking the “buy now” button. Visitors who interacted with reviews on store pages were 125% more likely to add a product to their cart than visitors who did not interact with reviews.
Review users are 68% more likely to convert
Visitors who interacted with reviews on store pages were also 67% more likely to convert to purchase than visitors who did not interact with reviews. These visitors also had a 25% higher average order value. As a result of these stats, revenue per visitor was 98% higher for visitors who interacted with reviews.Download PDF
More Case Studies
- Sleep Revolution leverages insights gained from shopper questions on retail partner sites
- Sleep Revolution sought to engage in more meaningful, relevant, and mutually beneficial conversations with millions of customers across the globe. Harnessing the customer voice resulted in increased sales, decreased support costs, invaluable insights and a brand new product line.
- Homax enhances brand reputation with consumers and retail partners
- Homax connected directly with customers across retail partner sites to provide excellent customer care to end users and trade partners alike, while using insights gained to improve messaging and brand experience on the retailer’s site.
- 3M ESPE confirms importance of dentist-to-dentist word of mouth
- By simplifying the review submission process and going beyond the website, 3M was able to increase customer review volume by 200% in three days on their ESPE products.