Ratings and Reviews increase conversion rates on figleaves.com UK
The look-to-book ratio us 4x lower (better) for products with reviews compared to those without.
Customer reviews play an integral role in figleaves.com UK’s customer engagement activites, promoting trust and loyalty and increased conversion and sales.
figleaves.com UK chose Bazaarvoice’s Ratings and Reviews solution to capture their customers’ insights and opinions, and to aid other shoppers in their purchasing decisions.
Six months into the programme, figleaves.com UK asked Bazaarvoice to analyse how reviews affect conversion and sales by taking a close look at specific brackets broken down by review volume and date. During the period, conversions experienced a marked improvement and customer reviews were believed to be a contributory factor.
figleaves.com UK implemented Bazaarvoice’s Ratings and Reviews solution to capture their extremely loyal customers’ insights and opinions and to aid other shoppers in their purchasing decisions. It is important to note that Ratings and Reviews are part of a comprehensive marketing and branding strategy for figleaves.com UK and play a complementary role in driving the success at figleaves.com UK.
- Overall, products with reviews have a 12.5% higher conversion rate than those without.
- Products with 20+ reviews have a 83.85 higher conversion than those products without reviews.
- NB: products prompting the most reviews tend to be the best sellers and thus are generally higher converting.
Same Product Session Conversion Comparison
- Analysing the session conversion for the same products before and after going live, the same products with reviews have a 35.27% higher overall session conversion rate.
- Conversion was not negatively affected for products without reviews.
Product Views/Items Sold and Review Volume
- The look-to-book ratio us 4x lower (better) for products with reviews compared to those without.
Product Views/Items Sold
- Overall, look-to-book is 32.6% higher (worse) for products without reviews.
- Since going live, products with reviews have seen a significant decrease (better) in the look-to-book-ratio.
- Products without reviews saw no significant interest.