Bazaarvoice and Booz & Company Partner to Unlock Digital Insights for Global Brands
Austin, Texas – August 8, 2012 - Bazaarvoice (NASDAQ: BV) and Booz & Company have partnered to help companies develop stronger capabilities for customer centricity – or putting customers at the center of business strategy – by capitalizing on the wealth of digital information being created by and about their customers. The two companies are combining their global expertise across industries to help clients prioritize opportunities and implement best practices for advertising, promotions, product innovation, and customer experience across Web, mobile, and social channels.
To gauge how well companies are using and learning from digital data, Bazaarvoice and Booz & Company have launched the Digital Customer Centricity Profiler. The Profiler will help companies pinpoint the digital capabilities of their organizations compared with those of leaders in their market and in other industries, combining Booz & Company’s strategy and capability building expertise with the social insights derived from the 330 billion customer conversations served from the Bazaarvoice social platform. Using the results, Bazaarvoice and Booz & Company will help companies identify opportunities to strengthen their digital programs and capabilities, including ways to:
Follow the customer journey from pre-engagement to post-purchase to understand how different customers interact with their brand
Engage customers across multiple channels and platforms, generate deep insights, and use the data to improve marketing, sales, customer service, product development, and other business functions
Integrate multiple data sources and continuously refine segmentation approaches to identify – and serve – the customer segments that truly matter
Turn data and content into digital assets that generate return on investment (ROI)
The profiler, a free, 10-minute survey, is available now at www.BeaDigitalLeader.com. Upon completion, participants will learn their overall score and can sign up to receive a copy of the key findings this fall.
Comments on the News
- "Social data is a gold mine being used by companies to increase sales, improve customer service, and enhance brand reputation, among many other benefits. The brands who are customer-centric will be the survivors. There is tremendous urgency at every level of business to get this right, and the combination of our social data expertise with Booz & Company’s global business strategy and capability building expertise will help companies navigate the changing digital landscape for business success." – Erin Mulligan Nelson, CMO, Bazaarvoice
- "The fundamental task of marketing today is managing the connections among consumers and between consumers and brands - at every scale from individual contact to millions of people. The social nature of brands requires marketers to engage consumers in more relevant and authentic ways across their path to purchase, to build branded experiences and drive brand advocacy. This can occur only when marketers tap into social data for deeper insights that enable them to make sense of feedback, respond effectively, and ultimately understand consumers' emotional experience with their brand. Bazaarvoice brings a world of data and expertise that can serve as a valuable ingredient in the recipe for success in building out these new capabilities for digital customer centricity." – Matthew Egol, partner in Booz & Company’s global Communications, Media & Technology practice
- The Digital Customer Centricity Profiler is immediately available at www.BeaDigitalLeader.com
- Use Your Brain: Why Marketers Need to Understand Neuroscience, Bazaarvoice blog post by Matthew Egol
- The Social Life of Brands by Matthew Egol, Mary Beth McEuen, and Emily Falk; Booz & Company’s strategy+business magazine
Bazaarvoice brings the voice of customers to the center of business strategy, transforming business performance for nearly 1,800 clients globally. Bazaarvoice social software helps clients like Best Buy, Costco, Dell, Macy’s, P&G, Panasonic, QVC, and USAA create social communities on their brand websites and Facebook pages where customers can engage in conversations. These conversations can be syndicated across Bazaarvoice’s global network of client websites and mobile devices, which allows manufacturers to connect directly with customers. The social data derived from online word of mouth translates into actionable insights that improve marketing, sales, customer service, and product development. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Bazaarvoice has offices in Amsterdam, London, Munich, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Stockholm, and Sydney. For more information, visit www.bazaarvoice.com, read the blog at www.bazaarvoice.com/blog, and follow on Twitter at www.twitter.com/bazaarvoice.
About Booz & Company
Booz & Company (booz.com) is a leading global management consulting firm focused on serving and shaping the senior agenda of the world’s leading institutions. Drawing on the talents and insights of more than 3,000 people in 60 offices around the world, we help our clients achieve essential advantage by working with them to identify and build the differentiating capabilities they need to outperform. To learn more about Booz & Company or to access its thought leadership, visit www.booz.com. Our award-winning management magazine, strategy+business, is available at www.strategy-business.com.
Booz & Company
For all press inquiries, please contact:
Public Relations Manager North America
Tel: +1 (512) 551-6285
VP Marketing EMEA
Tel : +44 208 080 1112